Tuesday 13 September 2011

Day 8. Driving to Dallas ... almost

Im trapped in a metal case of EMOOOTION! We've been driving 13 hours and there's about 2 and a half to go. Upon this realisation i have decided to write this in the car instead of later so updates will be in real time, exciting? I know!

Woke up early for our big drive on the road at 6.30 am, not too hot yet. So not alot happened today really. Got my aux cable Woo Hoo and so begins 'songs we haven't heard in ages hour' quickly followed by 'top 25 most played' it sounds boring but its my life, I'm just gonna go ahead and put my shirt on if you don't mind. Watch out for the guns, they'll get ya.

FIREWORKS Yussss! Stoped in at the fireworks shop in New Mexico. I'm browsing the selection the man comes over and rattles off about 50 different qualities any given firework could have big boom, rockets, ground ones, nail to the fence ones and so on "what are ya looking for?" (me) "Ummm sparklers?" jesus I'm lame ha ha. We got more than sparklers so don't you judge me.

About the 3rd petrol stop today Mark went in and a hillbilly asked him where he got his accent from, Mark said New Zealand to which the hillbilly replied "New Zealand? That's Hardcore" Why yes hillbilly, it is hardcore, we got sparklers you know.

So now were driving and i not long ago made a hideous DJ error, one of which I'm not proud of but i accidentally played 'Gonna Fly Now' 3 hours early. For those who don't know it, its the Rocky song reserved for very special occasions. ie Arriving at a destination after driving for 14 hours. Woopsies. And yes for all you haters that was my only error, the rest of the days music was top notch as usual.

Ah well, best be off typing and passangering is making me feel sick, lucky we haven't had shit to eat today aye, cant wait to have ribs in Dallas. Hope a rib shop is open at 11.00 pm ..... SURELY

Well didn't make into the heart of Dallas, we figured we should find a room while they are on the side of the road and easy to find. Arlington Super 8, you will do just fine for now. So Help me jeabus we are having RIBS FOR BREAKFAST!

1 comment: